Re: tramp (2.0.38); Saving remote file loses coding system information

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.38); Saving remote file loses coding system information
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:46:55 +0200

Colin Marquardt <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael Albinus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Could you, please, disable Tramp and rerun the test with pure ange-ftp?
>
> Actually, I'm not sure how to do this. I tried the following:

Maybe it is easiest to say M-x ielm RET, then type
file-name-handler-alist at the prompt, then (setq
file-name-handler-alist 'foo) where foo should be replaced by the
copied-and-pasted old value, minus the Tramp entries.  Note that the
single quote "'" should remain.

Then you also need to re-add the Ange-FTP entries.  These can be found
in ange-ftp.el, the statements adding these entries are commented out.

Kai