Re: tramp (2.1.6-pre); ssh problems from cygwin to Linux

From: emacs user
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.6-pre); ssh problems from cygwin to Linux
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 23:00:44 -0500

From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
To: "emacs user" <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:52:11 +0100

"emacs user" <address@hidden> writes:

> touch seems to be available, at least under bash it is:
>
> address@hidden:~ $ which touch
> /bin/touch
> address@hidden:~ $ touch .dvipsrc
> address@hidden:~ $
>
> any other way I can check this?

Please apply in your emacs under Cygwin:

M-: (call-process "touch" nil (current-buffer) nil "-t" "03010000" "/home/me/.dvipsrc")

I'ld like to see the output if any, and the return code, which should
be visible in the minibuffer.

Best regards, Michael.

ok, done.  the only output is:
0
printed in the echo area after I give the above command. the status of the file after this command is changed to:

 -rw-------   1 me None       30 Mar  1 00:00 .dvipsrc