Permanently caching password

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Permanently caching password
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 19:59:34 -0400

I'm sure this is a FAQ, but googling did not resolve it for me.

I run emacs 23.0.60.1 under debian etch. I have multiple web sites I
need to reach by ftp, and each has a complicated password, which I
inevitably will mistype once or twice until I happen to get it
right. This is a real pain and, despite the security issue, I'd like
to hold my passwords permanently in cache to be invoked when prompted
for them.

I placed in /etc/emacs/site.el the line: password-cache-expiry nil,
but either that is the wrong location, or the password is removed from
cache when emacs is restarted.

Is it possible to have passwords automatically provided when logging
in to multiple domains and being prompted for them?

Haines Brown