Re: Help! clearcase/tramp integration

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Help! clearcase/tramp integration
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 08:53:39 +0200

"Brian Brooks (brbrooks)" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,

Hi,

> Currently using TRAMP to edit files.  When I SSH via plain shell (not
> Emacs/TRAMP) I can view, edit, etc any files... even one's mounted in
> the "/vob" directory.  "/vob" is the directory mounted by Clearcase that
> holds our repository.

With ClearCase, you need to set a view before you access files in
VOBs. Usually, you do it in your login scripts.

When you access remote files via Tramp, the view is not set on the
remote host for the Tramp session. So you must use a view-extended path,
something like this: "/ssh:server:/view/gamma/vob-path-to-source/source"
(I assume that "gamma" is your view).

Make sure that the view is started on your remote server. I don't know a
way to do it with Tramp; but when you apply "cleartool startview gamma"
in a shell on your remote server, the view will be active for a while.