ac-archive-maintainers

sf.net: how to contribute (again)

From: Peter Simons
Subject: sf.net: how to contribute (again)
Date: 23 Jan 2005 05:28:30 +0100

I've noticed the new contribution instructions (in CVS) on
sf.net. Thanks for changing that, Guido!

One more thing:

 | If you want to contribute ...
 |
 | then please don't hesitate a second! Just send the m4
 | source to <address@hidden> mailinglist which
 | is used now by all ac-archive parts. You can still send it
 | to me directly, Guido Draheim <address@hidden> which is good
 | if you want to have your macros on a personal subdirectory
 | on the sfnet branch that is free even for experimental
 | stuff. Note however the section about the contribution
 | format below.

IMHO, it would be wise to have ALL contributions sent to
this mailing list, and the reason is pretty simple:

  If a submission is sent to this list, we both see it.

  If it is sent to you directly, I do not see it.

Therefore, I think that the wording of the instructions is
still not optimal. Why is "sending the macro directly to
Guido Draheim" even mentioned? You _do_ get it when it is
posted here.

Peter