ac-archive-maintainers

Re: News about the macro archive

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: News about the macro archive
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:05:25 +0100

>>> "Tom" == Tom Howard <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Tom> To all the people I have represented (possibly falsely) in this
 Tom> discussion:  Please tell me I'm wrong.

Answering that would just cause Peter to spend more time
demonstrating the contrary.  We all understood Peter knows he's
right, so let's move up.

If you need a liar, call me so, I swear I won't try to prove the
contrary so that thread hopefully ends.

[...]

 >> I'll give you a pointer. These instructions you posted
 >> listed, among other things, the command:
 >>
 >> $ ./bootstrap
 >>
 >> Now look real hard in the CVS repository.
 >>
 >> Once you've done that and realized your mistake, look real
 >> hard at the mailing list archive.

 Tom> My bad.  It's just calls aclocal, automake, autoconf, etc.

That should really read `autoreconf -vi'.  There is usually no
point in calling these commands explicitly or using a bootscrap
(sic) script these days.

BTW Peter, htmldoc/{*.html,*.css,*.jpg} is not a portable construct.
You cannot assume brace expansion in POSIX shells.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz