Re: [Adonthell-devel] Update

From: Tyler Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Update
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:53:42 -0600

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 4:09 AM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
-
* cmakes 'make dist' is broken IMHO, at least when it gets to creating
source tarballs.
* the tools build has not been converted to cmake yet, and people have
experienced issues building tools against the cmake created engine.
* changes to a single cmakelist.txt file cause the whole 'configure'
step to rerun, which in turn triggers a full rebuild.

I fixed the issue that was causing a cmake change to rebuild everything.  At least now it doesn't on my system (cmake 2.8).  Also, with cmake, swig was being run on every make.  I've fixed that.  Josh, I took out the -g from devbuild.  The standard way to handle that is by setting CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to Debug.  I thought about enabling devbuild when BUILD_TYPE is debug, but left it as a separate flag.  This way we can run unit tests with release (optimized) code.  I also added the audio tests, so doing make test should work.

Tyler