Re: [Adonthell-devel] glog portability issues

From: Tyler Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] glog portability issues
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:51:21 -0600

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 5:24 AM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
extend base::logging with empty definition(s) of the glog LOG macro(s)
and init function that get used when glog is not present (or when we
want to create a release build without logging). Similar to glogs NLOG
macro or base/gettext.h. In our code, only include base/logging.h
instead of glog/logging.h. base/logging.h in turn includes
glog/logging.h if glog is present.

I couldn't find NLOG, did you mean DLOG?  I can look making glog an optional library, if no one is planning on doing that.  One complaint I have about glog, I can't see a way to do category logging.  For example, if I only wanted to turn on logging in src/world, not everywhere.  It looks like we can do something ourselves using LOG_IF.  Am I the only one that cares though?

Tyler