Re: [aspell-devel] What should version info for a libaspell.dll contain?

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] What should version info for a libaspell.dll contain?
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 01:20:56 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Peter Kümmel wrote:

Kevin Atkinson wrote:
I am interested in mingw.  Patched for
mingw assuming they are minor will likely make it into the 0.60 branch.

Yes, with mingw there is no need for the dirent files.

Than please submit the patches formally.

In fact.  Would you be willing to maintain an official Win32 mingw
binary? The currently one is is still based on Aspell 0.50.

I could do that, but the problem is the build system, there are no
perl/autotools on windows/mingw, currently I create the files by
hand/cygwin.

How about using the method in section E.8.2.2.
  http://aspell.net/man-html/WIN32-Notes.html#WIN32-Notes
?

Even if it involves some manual steps, all I really need is the binary for http://aspell.net/win32/ And of course a patch for any changes you needed to make to create the binary.

Something very close to http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/Aspell6 is all I need.