Re: [aspell-devel] Windows port - native

From: Nicolas Hatier
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Windows port - native
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 00:14:33 -0400

I submitted a patch, even if it's not a real patch file. Since there was several new files and directory, as well as a few binary files, a patch file was probably not appropriate.

Before creating it I completed the work. I created a batch script to install an aspell build in a selected directory, and on another to install a downloaded dictionary - always on Win32 and Win64, without requiring any dependency.

I also worked on the long-forgotten set-prefix part of the ENABLE_WIN32_RELOCATABLE feature so the prefix can automatically be set based on the binary location.

The patch package is quite large (near 1Mb) since it contains a few Windows binaries required for the dictionary install script.

The patch package, to be extracted over the official aspell-0.60.5 package, is available at
http://www.niversoft.com/downloads/aspell-0.60.5-msvc-patch.zip

A full package containing the official package on which the patch has been applied can be downloaded at
http://www.niversoft.com/downloads/aspell-0.60.5-msvc.tar.bz2

I also created two pre-built packages (Win32 and x64), but I won't publish the URLs
now. E-mail me offlist if you really want them.

Regards,
Nicolas Hatier