Re: [Aspell-user] MAKE NOT WORKING

From: Melvin Hadasht
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] MAKE NOT WORKING
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 12:51:48 +0200

Hi Gareth,

on Sat, 12 Apr 2003 12:32:04 +0200
Gareth Slaven <address@hidden> wrote:

> Melvin ...
>
> I am logged on as root when I am trying compiling the aspell dictionary...
>
> I kinda understand what you said below but am not 100% sure how to
> change/implement what you are suggesting ...
>
> Basically I installed aspell-0.50.3 successfull it just seems like the
> dictionary won't do what it should ... it's very weird :)
>
> In the configure program for the dictionary is there a way to force it to
> look at aspell ?
>
> I have tried :
>
> ./configure --vars ASPELL=usr/local/bin/ WORD_LIST_COMPRESS=usr/local/bin/
>
> also in the aspell-en-0.51-0 README file it says :
> If any of the above mentioned programs are not in your path than the
> variables, ASPELL and/or WORD_LIST_COMPRESS need to be set to the
> commands (with path) to run the utilities.
^^^^^^^^^^^
try
...--vars ASPELL=/usr/local/bin/aspell
WORD_LIST_COMPRESS=/usr/local/bin/word-list-compress

the variables are not only the path to the command (/usr/local/bin), but the
complete command including path (/usr/local/bin/aspell)

Do not forget the leading slash (*/*usr).

As a general advice, compile everything as normal user, and only at the stage of
"make install" switch to root.

Yadalanh (Apache: Farewell)

--
Melvin Hadasht