Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Reopening environments.

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Reopening environments.
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:34:09 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-10-14) writes:

> And it would appear that the following in bigfoot.dtx (which has
> bigfoot.drv as its master file) gets completely ignored when parsing:
> %    \begin{macrocode}
> %<driver> \documentclass{ltxdoc}
> %<driver> \usepackage{bigfoot}
> %<driver> \usepackage{tabularx}
> %<driver> \usepackage{hyperref}
> %    \end{macrocode}

Well, in `TeX-auto-parse-region' there is an
(unless (TeX-in-comment) ...
Due to the % characters those lines are regarded as comments.  We
could either modify `TeX-in-comment' in order for it to behave
differently in docTeX mode or modify `TeX-auto-parse-region' to look
into comments (i.e. lines starting with % characters in this case) in
docTeX mode as well.  I expect the first suggestion to break things
all over the board.  The second one should be safer.  Besides we
should maybe stop parsing contents of macrocode environments.