[AUCTeX] Re: Items in itemize-like environments

From: Nikos Apostolakis
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Items in itemize-like environments
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:14:34 -0400

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Nikos Apostolakis (2006-04-11) writes:
>
>> I am using the exam document class.  In that class there are two new
>> itemize-like environments defined, namely "questions" whith each item
>> called "question" and "parts" with each item called "part".  I would
>> like to use the command "LaTeX-insert-item" to insert items for
>> these environments.
>
> (add-to-list 'LaTeX-item-list
>            '("questions" . (lambda () (insert "\\question"))))

How should I change this so that when I hit "M-RET" inside a
"questions" environment, Emacs inserts "\question" and asks me "how
many points is this question worth?".  The answer should then become
a label, eg if the answer is "100" then "\question[100]" is
inserted.  Ideally the previous answer should be the default,
similarly, to what happens when the environment "proof" is inserted
for example.

A pointer to the documentation or the source code (eg in the
definitions for the environment "proof") would be great.

Thanks in acvance,
Nikos