[AUCTeX] Modify LaTeX-math-list without restarting emacs?

From: micheal S
Subject: [AUCTeX] Modify LaTeX-math-list without restarting emacs?
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 23:58:59 +0200

Hi!

If I customize the variable LaTeX-math-list, say I put something like
this in my .emacs file:

(setq LaTeX-math-list '(
    (?o "test" nil)
    ))

then I have to restart emacs, to take this into effect in auctex. Even
if I do "eval-buffer" on my .emacs file, it has no effect (despite C-h
v LaTeX-math-list shows the correct value for this variable).

How can I achieve that changing this variable has an effect without
restarting emacs? Is there some way to reload auctex?

My auctex version is 11.86.

Thanks
Michael