Re: [AUCTeX] Modify LaTeX-math-list without restarting emacs?

From: micheal S
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Modify LaTeX-math-list without restarting emacs?
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 21:56:40 +0200

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> wrote:
> * micheal S. (2010-05-28) writes:
>
>> If I customize the variable LaTeX-math-list, say I put something like
>> this in my .emacs file:
>>
>> (setq LaTeX-math-list '(
>>     (?o "test" nil)
>>     ))
>>
>> then I have to restart emacs, to take this into effect in auctex. Even
>> if I do "eval-buffer" on my .emacs file, it has no effect (despite C-h
>> v LaTeX-math-list shows the correct value for this variable).
>
> The key bindings specified in `LaTeX-math-list' are set when latex.el is
> loaded, so this is no surprise.
>
>> How can I achieve that changing this variable has an effect without
>> restarting emacs? Is there some way to reload auctex?
>
> I would not really recommend this, but did you try `unload-feature'?

Hm. No I didn't, but let's try it:

If I do the following, it works!

1) Change LaTeX-math-list in my .emacs
2) run eval-buffer on my .emacs file
3) go to my latex- buffer and do eval-expression (unload-feature
'tex-site t)   (it only works if I force it, because of dependencies)
4) M-x load-library auctex.el
5) M-x latex-mode

Why would you not really recommend this?

Thanks!
Michael