Re: Release next week?

From: Morten Eriksen
Subject: Re: Release next week?
Date: 10 Apr 2001 15:19:40 +0200

Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

[About changing language for a future Autoconf rewrite]
> No really, I think Perl is the most serious candidate.

Check out this snippet from Automake's TODO file:

        rewrite in guile (RMS request)
        at the same time, consider adding a GUI
        could use the same parsing code for the GUI and the standalone version
        that means figuring out a better representation of internal state
        [ that's easy -- anything is better than what we have now ]

(It seems a bit silly to go from sh to Perl with Autoconf if Automake
is planned to be rewritten from Perl to Guile..)  :-}

Regards,
Morten