Re: _AS_LN_S_PREPARE question

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: _AS_LN_S_PREPARE question
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:14:07 +0100

Hello Markus,

* Duft Markus wrote on Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 10:44:39AM CET:

> I have aquestion: I'm porting to windows (cross compiled from interix).
> Interix has a working ln, but windows doesn't understand those links.
> Now I wanted to check for winnt in _AS_LN_S_PREPARE. Can I use
> AC_CANONICAL_HOST for this? What I'd need is the config.guess output.

No, _AS_LN_S_PREPARE comes very early in the scripts, and you basically
cannot rely on any other macros.  Can you explain what goes wrong with
the test, because if ln is working as expected, then _AS_LN_S_PREPARE
should just detect that?  Adding `set -x' before and `set +x' after the
test, in the configure script, is a good method to see what's happening.

Also, please note that the macro has undergone some changes since 2.61.