RE: [avr-gcc-list] ATmega32/ATmega323

From: Ron Kreymborg
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] ATmega32/ATmega323
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 00:19:34 +1100

I see what you mean David. However, as the linker fails (using atmega32)
with the message:

Unrecognised emulation mode: avr5
Supported emulations: avr85xx avr1200 avr23xx avr44x4 avr4433 avrmega603
avrmega103 avrmega161

and there is an avr5 linker script, I would have thought this would be the
one it used.

Your idea of patching the avrmega161 script files for the bigger memory
works for me also. But there is obviously a bug here somewhere. Can anybody
suggest where to look?

In passing, I upgraded to the version from avrfreaks about a month ago. It
seems you no longer get the library source code! Is this available from
somewhere else on avrfreaks? Or from some other site?

Ron

Ron Kreymborg
Jennaron Research
Melbourne, Australia