RE: [avr-gcc-list] ATmega32/ATmega323

From: Peter Jansen
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] ATmega32/ATmega323
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 10:07:24 +1100 (EST)

Hi,

instead of patching the linker script, or modifying the ones for another
processor, I would suggest the following approch,

Tell the compiler (gcc) which instruction set to use, ie use -mmcu=avr5 to the
compiler.

Copy the linker script from avr/lib/ldscripts for the closest processor for you
project to your project, and modify it to your needs.

Tell the linker to use your new linker script, ie -T my-linker-script, or if
you
compile and link on one line use -Wl,-T,my-linker-script.

Copy the startup file for the correct processor also to your project and tell
the linker to link to this use the -nostartfiles option to the compiler to tell
it not to use the default.

The compiler options --verbose and -t tell you a lot about what it is doing.

Hope this helps.