Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcrt1.S

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcrt1.S
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:07:20 +0200 (MET DST)

Volkmar Dierkes <address@hidden> wrote:

> Shouldn't find the simulator the gcrt1.S source in the location where it
> is located (e.g. c:\avrgcc\lib)? Or do I have to copy it to another
> place like it is now?

"lib" doesn't sound like a source file location to me.  Normally, the
source files for the library are not installed.  Are you sure they're
actually available at all at your site?  (I. e., can you find a file
gcrt1.S on your machine, and can you read it?)

I don't know AVR studio, maybe you can tell it to locate source files
at more than one path?  I only know that i can do this in GDB, so i
can tell the debugger to find my application's source files in a
different location than the library sources.

> At which point the gcrt1 is included or what must happen that it is
> included? As I remember, this is not included in the gcctest3 example.

It is never explicitly included, it gets included as the very first
object module in each application via the compiler-generated call to
the linker.  You can easily watch this by adding -v to your CFLAGS.