Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcrt1.S

From: Volkmar Dierkes
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcrt1.S
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 01:42:55 +0200

Joerg,

thanks for your explanation.

> > But if I want to simulate it in AVRstudio the simulator is looking
> > for this file with the path ..\..\..\crt1\gcrt1.S
>
> That's because the avr-libc build system uses relative pathes when
> building the library object files, and these pathnames get recorded in
> the object files.  It needs to do this since it wants to build four
> different versions of each object file in parallel (for the avr2,
> avr3, avr4, and avr5 architecture).
>
> Even if it would use absolute pathnames, it would then record the
> pathnames of the system that was used to build the library, which must
> not be identical to your installation.

Shouldn't find the simulator the gcrt1.S source in the location where it
is located (e.g. c:\avrgcc\lib)? Or do I have to copy it to another
place like it is now?

At which point the gcrt1 is included or what must happen that it is
included? As I remember, this is not included in the gcctest3 example.
But in my program it is.

Volkmar