Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATMega reset and brown-out reliability

From: Matthew MacClary
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATMega reset and brown-out reliability
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:04:25 -0800

    When I was fooling around in the lab, I found that I didn't need
to hook the reset pin to anything except the programmer's reset wire.
It seems that at least the avr part I first tried this on and the
atmega8535 seem to hold that pin high by themselves.  When I suggested
leaving off the reset circuitry to lower costs, the development group
decided to stick with the "trusted solution", so I haven't seen this
used in production.

-Matt