Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATTiny12 and gcc

From: Bruce D. Lightner
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATTiny12 and gcc
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:49:42 -0800

<x-flowed>
Ulrich Schweitzer wrote:

On Friday 26 March 2004 13:59, Eric van Rijswick wrote:

Is there no way to build C-code for the ATTiny12?

There was a discussion about using avr-gcc with ATTiny-MCUs in may 2003 on this list. Bruce Lightner described how to do it here:
http://www.avr1.org/pipermail/avr-gcc-list/2003-May/004438.html
It doesn't seem to be easy, though.
Ulrich

If you are interested, send me some email and I'll send you a sample "Makefile", a copy of the Perl script "chkinstr.pl", and the many C-files that make this work. I've got C-code for "bit-banged" UARTs, reading the ADC, making long-term ultra-low-power "watchdog" based timers, and automatic adjustments to the UARTs and timers for processor Vcc voltage and clock rate.

I'm still using this "impossible" system for generating code for new designs that use the "RAM-less" ATtiny15L.

Best regards,

Bruce

P.S.- May apologies to Joerg "IMHO" Wunsch for my "jabs" in the post listed above on this subject. Those that know me are painfully aware that I don't take kindly to "nay sayers" like Joerg who seem compelled to add their always negative "opinions" on what are clearly *facts*. According to the precepts of "The Church of the Scientific Method", one does not get to comment on *facts*, just on the *theories* about such facts. I tend to see "glasses half full, not half empty"...unlike like Joerg! :-) But I digress...

--
 Bruce D. Lightner
 Lightner Engineering