Re: [avr-gcc-list] Handling High Speed Interrupts

From: Janos Sztriko
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Handling High Speed Interrupts
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:18:14 +0200

Hi,

You need to use the "naked" interrupt attribute. See this links:

http://www.avr1.org/pipermail/avr-gcc-list/2002-February/001449.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.2/gcc/Function-Attributes.html

I hope this helps.

Janos

Ramkumar Rengaswamy wrote:

Hi,
   I have an application that needs to generate a Timer Output Compare
Interrput every 10 uS. I have an ATMega128L clocked at 7.329 MHz. This
means that I have 74 clock cycles to handle the interrupt routine and
currently most of the clock cycles are wasted in pushing and popping
things off the stack. Is there anyway in avr-gcc to avoid all this
overhead and utilize all the cycles for my processing only ?

Thanks,
-Ram