Re: [avr-gcc-list] Typdef chick 'n egg situation.. way out ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Typdef chick 'n egg situation.. way out ?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:58:33 +0100

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:14:03 -0800
Dean Ferreyra <address@hidden> wrote:

> Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:33:43 -0800
> > Dean Ferreyra <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Also, Vince, do you really mean to use a "flexible array" for the
> >> items field; i.e., leaving the size of items unspecified?
> >
> > Yes.. well it's just out of convenience really. When I
> > define/initialise a structure of that type, I just fill it in with
> > whatever number of items a given menu/submenu happens to have, then
> > GCC finds out by itself how many items there are, and sizes the array
> > accordingly.
>
> Sounds good.  Just checking!  :)
>
> Dean

Dean,

Just realized... now I think of it, regardless of my lazyness, I don't
think I have much choice, I have to make the array size "flexbible" i
nthe structure declaration, since this structure is used to describe
the various menus and sub menus of the menu tree in my user interface,
so obviously all menus have a different number of items in them, so
it's got to be flexible to work !

--
Vince