RE: [avrdude-dev] Documentation build tools requirements -many complaint

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: RE: [avrdude-dev] Documentation build tools requirements -many complaints
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 13:51:19 +1300

> Many projects confine the large-scale documents to only be
> built when the tools are available. This can be checked in
> configure.ac and flags set. Additionally, they often only do
> those docs with "make docs/dvi/ps/pdf/info".
>
> I'd hate to see detail lost just because a few noobs can't
> install the right packages.

Well have managed to get the build system to fully configure/compile under
Cygwin on Windows so I would have thought it should not be too hard for many
others - especially on a UNIX variant. :))

However it would be nice if the configure process could detect the presence
or absence of the required doc tools and alter behaviour accordingly. In the
past I have resorted to editing the makefile in the doc dir so that it does
nothing to get around these problems.

YMMV

Alex