Re: [Axiom-developer] Hyper doc search error

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Hyper doc search error
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 12:36:40 -0500

> I'm also curious as to what extent the autoconf/automake machinery
> will blend with Axiom's pamplet style.

likely not at all.

i tried to use the tools but found that they are very, very C specific.
we could probably steal the platform recognition routines and possibly
find a way to solve the awk/gawk/nawk issue but i'd be amazed if there
was a way to handle axiom (or any large lisp project) using automake.

my long term plan is to push almost everything into ansi common lisp
and use asdf.

that said, i admit that the configure shell script is complete trash.
i'm not familiar with the 99 ways of recognizing platforms or finding
awk/gawk/nawk, etc. and it NEEDS fixing. any effort on this would be
a big win.