Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Emacs + input syntax

From: Andrey G. Grozin
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Emacs + input syntax
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:16:17 +0700 (NOVST)

On Fri, 11 May 2006, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
"Page, Bill" <address@hidden> writes:
| On Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:01 PM Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
| > I would always suggest to forget about the #pile mode when
| > you program in Aldor ...
| Why? Your suggestion seems to me only a kind of
| linguist prejudice.
I think I'm with Ralf here.  I find the pile notation highly
confusing and irritating when editing.  It is one of the downsides I
find with Python, Haskell, Axiom, etc.  For me, it isn't different
those infamous "tabs" in Makefiles.  It is a relic from stone ages we
should not carry over.
Your mileage may vary.
I like python exactly because of indentation-based syntax. It is so natural and easy to read.

Comparing it with an unreadable perl, I'd say that { } ; are relics from stone age :-)

Andrey