Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 14:59:50 +0100 (CET)

Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga wrote::
> Can't svn co the source, I've tried several times from a clean slate and
> get:
>
> $ svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/axiom/ \
>           branches/build-improvements axiom.build-improvements
>
> [normal output, then]

> axiom.build-improvements/axiom/trunk/axiom/src/hyper/pages/HTXFormatPage5.ht
> svn: In directory
> 'axiom.build-improvements/axiom/trunk/axiom/src/hyper/pages'
> svn: Can't copy
> 'axiom.build-improvements/axiom/trunk/axiom/src/hyper/pages/.svn/tmp/text-base/poly.pht.svn-base'
> 'axiom.build-improvements/axiom/trunk/axiom/src/hyper/pages/poly.pht.tmp':
> No such file or directory

I think this problem was reported here: it is only possible to
checkout Axiom on a case-sensitive filesytem -- so on Windows and
traditional Mac filesystem checkout fails.  This is due to files
which have names differing only in case: poly.ht contra POLY.ht
and poly.pht contra POLY.pht.

In principle checkout should work if you use Unix filesystem on
yout Mac (but I have no idea what trick Mac OS X or svn can play
with Unix filesystem).

We should probably rename one of offending files, maybe have
'polys.ht' insted of 'poly.ht'?

In the meantime I can provide a tarball with recent checkout
if you wish.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden