Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex
Date: 08 Nov 2006 00:02:19 +0100

"Page, Bill" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| > this _is_ alredy broken by many files (in 'src/hyper') when we
| > have
| >
| > file.pamphlet -> file.c
| >

| Is there a case like this?

yes, many of the C pamphlet files.  My eyes was caught by that, but
quickly my brain said it was OK, because they form a logical unit.

| Maybe it should be written:
|
|   notangle file.pamphlet -R 'file.c' > file.c

Yes, that is was it is written:

    $(builddir)/%.c: $(srcdir)/%.pamphlet
            $(axiom_build_document) --tangle --output=$@ $<

| With <<file.c>>= defined appropriately.
|
| > or
| >
| >                /-> file.h
| > file.pamphlet -|
| >                \-> file.c
| >

| In this case I think it is really
|
|   notangle file.pamphlet -R 'file.h' > file.h
|   notangle file.pamphlet -R 'file.c' > file.c
|
| Right?

Yes, you're correct.

| > I agree that you proposal is logical, but it is also clumsy:
| > .pamphlet extension is already pretty long and sticking on it
| > another extension will give very long files names.
| >

| I think the only convincing reason that Ralf gave for his
| convention for noweave was interaction with point-and-click
| in dvi. But this could be achieved through a different
| patch to srcltx. No?

I completely agree with that.

-- Gaby