Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom under Windows

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom under Windows
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 00:22:48 +0200 (CEST)

Gregory Vanuxem wrote:
> Le dimanche 24 juin 2007 ? 14:03 +0200, Waldek Hebisch a écrit :
>
> > Concerning writablep: I looked at your code.  But AFAICS we would
> > need a separate version for each Lisp system.  And the code is
> > actually more complicated than C version.  So I think it is better
> > to call C version.  I still have to work out some details, but
> > for writablep it seem to work.  To say the truth I would like
> > to limit use writablep/readable just to (rare) sitations when
> > one really needs them and eliminate them from other places.
>
> Even in the algebra code (FileNameCategory) ? If I remember correctly
> you suppressed several check of this type in the algebra. Does that mean
> that you'll remove the readable? and consort functions ?

Yes, at some time we will have to rework FileNameCategory.  But
for both technical reasons (problem with bootstrap) and
nontechnical reasons (I do not want introduce now an incompatible
dialect od Spad) I wait with such change.

> > Attached you will find a little Lisp file "ffi-tst.lisp" and a
> > patch.  After applying the patch compiling Axiom will build
> > a shared library "libspad.so" in the src subdirectory.  ATM one
> > has to copy it by hand to "target/x86_64-unknown-linux/lib/" directory.
> > Before installing "libspad.so" one has to compile "ffi-tst.lisp"
> > (for Axiom, as it uses "BOOT" package) and copy resulting fasl
> > to "target/x86_64-unknown-linux/lib/".  Once both are installed
> > writablep should work OK.  Also some socket functions will work
> > (but I have to work out "sock_get_string_buf" and fix various
> > portablity problems including console handling before socket
> > code will have any visible effect).
>
> There is, apparently, no attachment to your mail. I would be glad to
> look at your code.

Sorry I forgot to attach them -- I am sending them with this message.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden