axiom-mail

Re: [Axiom-mail] [open-axiom-devel] A question about Axiom capabilities

From: Martin Baker
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] [open-axiom-devel] A question about Axiom capabilities
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 16:46:27 +0100

On 06/04/13 19:36, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
Martin Baker <address@hidden> writes:
| Is there a way I could help in a pan-Axiom sort of way? For instance,
| would it be any help if I went through these categories and drew a
| diagram of their relationships?

That would be terrific and greatly appreciated.  It would be beneficial
to lot of people (some of them quietly following the discussion.)

OK, As an experiment I created a diagram using a simple graphical editor (Inkscape) just to start thinking about layout and level-of-detail issues. This is a very tiny subset of the category structure but do you think it is enough to draw any conclusions about what would be useful?

The diagram is on this page:
http://www.euclideanspace.com/maths/standards/program/axiomsInAxiom/

Also, on this page, I have tried to gather together some of the interesting information that has come from this thread. Hopefully, if it were expanded and corrected it may find its way into more official documentation, tutorials and wikis.

Martin