bibledit-general

[be] Verse-by-verse style

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] Verse-by-verse style
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 19:22:16 +0200

There was a task to be done for Bibledit, like this:

---
We need a way to produce printouts (and once there is a formatted view, to
view on the screen) in verse-by-verse style (like the NASB). Paragraphs in
that version were shown by a space between them and a bold verse number for
the first verse in a paragraph.

It would be good to have a way to edit the \v style that would in effect interpret \v as \p \v.
---

This has been implemented in the printouts. If the \v style is set to restart the paragraph it is in, it does that in the printout.

I am asking for your vote whether this style setting should also affect the formatted view. If this setting were to affect it, then each verse would start on a new line in the formatted view.

The implication is however, that the user no longer can see whether the text starts with \v only, or with \p \v, as both of these styles are given the same in the formatted view. This would imply that the formatted view does not show the real USFM code so well. If however the \p style would be modified to show space above it, then that would help a bit.

Thanks,

Teus.