bibledit-general

Re: [be] Verse-by-verse style

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Verse-by-verse style
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 05:59:28 +0200

Hi Dennis,

The same thought went through my mind when thinking about it. What would happen is that the \v style causes new paragraphs at each verse in the formatted view. Now, the formatted view will take this that the style is \p \v. So then, if edits are made, it will change the USFM code to \p \v accordingly, which would not be correct. Therefore I am not in favour of this change either. The best thing is, therefore, to leave the normal paragraph layout in the formatted view, and do the paragraphing at each verse only on printout (as it is now). Thanks for thinking with us.

Teus.

Dennis Drescher wrote:
Hi Teus,

I vote yes, but it is conditional.

I have no problem with the formatted view giving the appearance of a verse-by-verse layout. That is as long as it can be turned on and off easily by the user. Though the view may act like \p \v instead of just \v that's okay as long as the underlying data is still just \v (and I can see that in the USFM view). I believe that is what you are proposing, right?

However, if it cannot be switched to a paragraph format (as currently implemented) or, if the underlying data is affected in some way, then I'm certainly not in favor of this change.

Thanks for asking.

In Him,

Dennis