bibledit-general

Re: [be] Re: Bibledit 3.2 on OS X

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Re: Bibledit 3.2 on OS X
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 07:26:04 +0200

Hi Mark,

Sorry for all the trouble you have to go through in order to get Bibledit installed. I believe that it is caused by XCodeTools. When upgrading my version to XCode 2.5, it started the trouble you describe. The workaround that works for me, and hopefully also for you is this:

Download package bibledit-x.x.tar.gz (x.x is to be replaced with a version number).

Move it to the home directory.

In the terminal, to verify the package is there, type

ls

To unpack bibledit type

tar zxf bibledit-x.x.tar.gz

To enter the newly created directory, type

cd bibledit-x.x

Provide the password if asked for.

To configure bibledit, type

./configure

Watch many messages, but no errors.

To compile bibledit, type

make

Watch many messages, but no errors.

To fix a problem with XCode Tools, type

cd eeepc
make clean
make
cd ..

To install it, type

sudo make install

Watch many messages, but no errors.

To go back to the home directory, type

cd

These instructions are the normal ones, but a bit was added regarding the eeepc. Hope it works out.

Teus.

Mark Duling wrote:
./eeepc-install-menu: ./eeepc-install-menu: cannot execute binary file
make[3]: *** [install-exec-hook] Error 126