bibledit-general

Re: [be] Re: About a web based Bible translation environment

From: Dennis Drescher
Subject: Re: [be] Re: About a web based Bible translation environment
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 14:00:34 +0700

Hi,

\c 1

\v 1 I know that this is all intended
to get better tools into the hands of MTTs.

\v 2 The web is somewhat ubiquitous so
using technologies like GoogleDocs would
make it easy.

\v 3 However, to me this looks more like
a means to move data easier than to enable
MTTs to translate better.

\c 2

\v 4 How can an MTT translate a given text
if everything is kept in neat little boxes?

\v 5 Is there some way to enable people to
enter their translated text in a way that
which maintains more of a section/paragraph
structure,

\v 6 rather than a chapter/verse structure,
which really isn't that natural anyway? Just
wondering.

Dennis

bahasa kita wrote:
Below is a link to a proposed format for working on Scripture in GoogleDocs.
I think this format would make it reasonably easy for MTTs to work on Bible translation on-line. This format would also make it easy to transfer the result to Bibledit for formatting, running various checks, etc.

Proposed new Format for Gdocs:
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AbRTHErTLxUWZGQ4ajVjOV8xMzI5OHg5cGhjbQ&hl=en <https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AbRTHErTLxUWZGQ4ajVjOV8xMzI5OHg5cGhjbQ&hl=en>

Here is an example of our Old format:
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AbRTHErTLxUWZGQ4ajVjOV8xNzZobm1wcXpkeg&hl=en <https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AbRTHErTLxUWZGQ4ajVjOV8xNzZobm1wcXpkeg&hl=en>