bibledit-general

Re: [be] Installing BIbledit-Web

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Installing BIbledit-Web
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 19:15:13 +0100

Congratulations Tim, on the good outcome of the struggle.

To give the consultant access to Bibledit-Web on the virtual machine on your computer behind the router, the following would help:

- To run the network adapter of the virtual machine in bridged mode, so that the IP address it gets is within your local IP segment. - To make a rule in the firewall of your router that forwards inbound http traffic, on port 80, TCP, to the IP address of the virtual machine.

If the IP address of the virtual machine changes, then the chain above needs to be updated. If your computer is off for some reason, the consultant cannot access bibledit-web.

In such cases I would recommend to rent a virtual private server somewhere, and install Ubuntu Server on it. That's more stable as it always runs, and does not depend on your local computer to have to be on, plus the virtual machine to be on, plus your Internet connection to be on...

Or else to set up a separate laptop in your home connected to the router.

Teus.