bino-list

[Bino-list] Questions about using Bino

From: Jing Liu
Subject: [Bino-list] Questions about using Bino
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 13:21:42 -0700

Hello,

I'm interested in developing a 3D video player based on Bino, with a few features that are needed in my research project. (by '3D' I mean 3D using active shutter glasses)

However, I found it is very tricky to achieve my goal because:

1. I cannot compile the source code of Bino on Windows. I'm not surprised about this since Bino is developed under Linux.

2. I cannot view OpenGL Stereo 3D on Linux. So I'm thinking to switch my development environment to Linux. But after some exploration, I found it is very difficult to set up OpenGL stereo on Linux. Anyone has experience using Bino with OpenGL stereo mode on Linux??   It doesn't make any sense for me to set my project on Linux if I cannot test it on Linux...

* Right now, a plausible solution might be developing under Linux, compile for Windows, and test OpenGL stereo on Windows. or find an open source 3D video player developed under Windows.

Please help if you have any thoughts. Really appreciate it.

- Jing

    Homepage: http://Jing-Liu.me/