bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Questions about using Bino

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Questions about using Bino
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 12:04:38 +0200

On Sat, 11 May 2013 13:21:42 -0700, Jing Liu wrote:
> 1. I cannot compile the source code of Bino on Windows. I'm not
> surprised about this since Bino is developed under Linux.

You could try to build Bino on Windows using MinGW, but it might take
some work to get and build all required libraries.

> 2. I cannot view OpenGL Stereo 3D on Linux. So I'm thinking to switch
> my development environment to Linux. But after some exploration, I
> found it is very difficult to set up OpenGL stereo on Linux. Anyone
> has experience using Bino with OpenGL stereo mode on Linux??   It
> doesn't make any sense for me to set my project on Linux if I cannot
> test it on Linux...

If you have an NVIDIA Quadro card, you just need to set the option
"Stereo" in the "Device" section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf. See your
NVIDIA driver documentation, file xconfigoptions.html.
(Online here:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/310.40/README/xconfigoptions.html).

If you don't have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf yet, or want to recreate it for
the NVIDIA driver, use 'nvidia-xconfig --stereo=XYZ' (choose stereo
value from the documentation mentioned above).

Regards,
Martin