bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Binding `g' to `bongo-play'

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Binding `g' to `bongo-play'
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 15:24:36 +0200

address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I think playing deserves a better binding than `C-c RET'.
>> Now that `g' is free, what about binding it to `bongo-play'?
>
> How about `o'? (For "open" or someting.) Not that `g' is
> particularly bad, I'm just throwing the idea out.

I've been meaning to use `o' for opening buffers.
For example, `% m foo RET o' would open a buffer with
all the tracks matching `foo'.

Just `o' by itself would open an empty buffer.

>> When browsing around using `p' and `n', it is a minor pain to
>> have to reach for `RET' (even `C-m' is a teeny-weeny pain).
>
> I hope you're not considering removing the `RET' binding.

No, of course not. :-)

> Daniel, have you been using vi lately? This worries me.

Again, of course not!

It's not so much that `C-m' is hard to type, it's more the
fact that lots of other commands are _easier_ to type, and
that seems wrong, because playing is, like, what Bongo does.

You know? :-)

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>