certi-devel

[certi-dev] CERTI billard test

From: Martin Spott
Subject: [certi-dev] CERTI billard test
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 22:06:37 +0000 (UTC)

Before I'm investigating CERTI on The Sun, I'm trying to run a local
test (as mentioned in 'install.txt') on Linux/AMD64. $PATH includes the
path to CERTI binaries, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set accordingly.

jive: ~> env | grep CERTI
CERTI_HOME=/opt/CERTI
CERTI_HOST=jive
CERTI_FED=Test

First console:
jive: ~> rtig
CERTI RTIG 3.3.3cvs - Copyright 2002-2008  ONERA
This is free software ; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty ; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

CERTI RTIG up and running ...

Second console:
jive: ~> rtia

Third console:

jive: ~> billard -fTest -FTest -n1
CERTI Billard 3.3.3cvs
with TIMESTAMP. If you want without TIMESTAMP add -e option.
RTIA:: RTIA has thrown NetworkError exception.
RTIA:: Reason: gethostbyname gave NULL answer for hostname <http> with error
<Success>
RTIA:: End execution.
UN Socket(RecevoirUN) : : Connection reset by peer
libRTI: exception: NetworkError (read)
Broken pipe

Both 'rtig' and 'rtia' are still running with no further output. Note
that the error looks identical with no 'rtia' running. Did I get
anything wrong ?
In contrast, I _do_ get at least one 'billard' instance running nicely
on The Sun (even without 'rtia'), but it hangs when I'm trying to start
a second one. First console:

foehn: ~> billard -fTest -FTest.fed -n1
CERTI Billard 3.3.3cvs
with TIMESTAMP. If you want without TIMESTAMP add -e option.
Display(400, 25, 500, 100)
Press ENTER to start execution...

the class of the new created object is4
Declaration done.

 -> [pressing ENTER]

Second console:

foehn: 0:01:19 ~> billard -fTest -FTest.fed -n2
CERTI Billard 3.3.3cvs
with TIMESTAMP. If you want without TIMESTAMP add -e option.
BILLARD Note : FederationExecutionAlreadyExists Reason is : . OK I can join it
Display(400, 145, 500, 100)
Synchronization...

The second 'billard' window opens, yet I don't see the red ball there
plus the ball in the first 'billard' window stops moving. The 'rtig'
console doesn't print any additional messages when the second 'billard'
starts.

Sun binaries are 32bit, Linux binaries are 64bit. Would this make a
difference ?

Cheers,
        Martin.