certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] CERTI billard test

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI billard test
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 08:12:43 +0200

2009/5/19 Martin Spott <address@hidden>:
> Before I'm investigating CERTI on The Sun, I'm trying to run a local
> test (as mentioned in 'install.txt') on Linux/AMD64. $PATH includes the
> path to CERTI binaries, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set accordingly.

You may be interested in the online/printable doc too:
http://www.nongnu.org/certi/certi_doc/index.html

(developer doc not uploaded)

but keep reading there is something easier to setup environment.

> jive: ~> env | grep CERTI
> CERTI_HOME=/opt/CERTI
> CERTI_HOST=jive
> CERTI_FED=Test
>
> First console:
> jive: ~> rtig
> CERTI RTIG 3.3.3cvs - Copyright 2002-2008  ONERA
> This is free software ; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
> warranty ; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>
> CERTI RTIG up and running ...
>

> Second console:
> jive: ~> rtia
>

> Third console:
>
> jive: ~> billard -fTest -FTest -n1
> CERTI Billard 3.3.3cvs
> with TIMESTAMP. If you want without TIMESTAMP add -e option.
> RTIA:: RTIA has thrown NetworkError exception.
> RTIA:: Reason: gethostbyname gave NULL answer for hostname <http> with error
> <Success>
> RTIA:: End execution.
> UN Socket(RecevoirUN) : : Connection reset by peer
> libRTI: exception: NetworkError (read)
> Broken pipe

RTIA believes that your CERTI_HOST is "http" which is obviously wrong.
Are you sure CERTI_HOST is properly set-up in each terminal?

If you want to setup CERTI env var you may use the "myCERTI.[c]sh" scripts
which are installed in

<certi_install_dir>/share/scripts/

.sh  is for bourne-shell family (sh, bash, zsh, ksh, ...)
.csh is for C-shell family (csh, tcsh, ...)

example of run:

$ /home/eric/CERTI/certi-cvs/share/scripts/myCERTI.sh
CERTI version <3.3.2>
Current machine architecture is <x86_64>.
Your PATH variable has been modified for bin
Your PATH variable has been modified for scripts
** WARNING ** We hope you have made source myCERTI.sh **
                                    ------
If yes your variables for CERTI are now :
CERTI_HOST      =  localhost
CERTI_HOME      =  /home/eric/CERTI/certi-cvs
CERTI_FED       =  /home/eric/CERTI/certi-cvs/share/federations
PATH            =
/home/eric/CERTI/certi-cvs/share/scripts:/home/eric/CERTI/certi-cvs/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games
LD_LIBRARY_PATH =  /home/eric/CERTI/certi-cvs/lib:

With no args the script setup CERTI_HOST as "localhost"
but if you specify the name of the host as second argument you'll get
it set to the specified name.

> Both 'rtig' and 'rtia' are still running with no further output. Note
> that the error looks identical with no 'rtia' running. Did I get
> anything wrong ?
> In contrast, I _do_ get at least one 'billard' instance running nicely
> on The Sun (even without 'rtia'), but it hangs when I'm trying to start
> a second one. First console:
>
> foehn: ~> billard -fTest -FTest.fed -n1
> CERTI Billard 3.3.3cvs
> with TIMESTAMP. If you want without TIMESTAMP add -e option.
> Display(400, 25, 500, 100)
> Press ENTER to start execution...
>
> the class of the new created object is4
> Declaration done.
>
>  -> [pressing ENTER]
>
> Second console:
>
> foehn: 0:01:19 ~> billard -fTest -FTest.fed -n2
> CERTI Billard 3.3.3cvs
> with TIMESTAMP. If you want without TIMESTAMP add -e option.
> BILLARD Note : FederationExecutionAlreadyExists Reason is : . OK I can join it
> Display(400, 145, 500, 100)
> Synchronization...
>

> The second 'billard' window opens, yet I don't see the red ball there
> plus the ball in the first 'billard' window stops moving. The 'rtig'
> console doesn't print any additional messages when the second 'billard'
> starts.
>
> Sun binaries are 32bit, Linux binaries are 64bit. Would this make a
> difference ?

I hope not.
We did use and test CERTI in various 32/64 bits env with no problem
even when they are mixed....

Try to use the myCERTI.* scripts and rerun your billard tests.
--
Erk