certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] CERTI billard test / http_proxy

From: Martin Spott
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI billard test / http_proxy
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 14:55:29 +0000 (UTC)

Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2009/5/20 Martin Spott <address@hidden>:

>> [...] I'm just wondering why the setup
>> fails to join yet another 'billard' into a system that's already
>> executing. Whenever I try to join another one, it hangs at:
>>
>> foehn: ~> billard -fTest -FTest.fed -n X
>> CERTI Billard 3.3.3cvs
>> with TIMESTAMP. If you want without TIMESTAMP add -e option.
>> BILLARD Note : FederationExecutionAlreadyExists Reason is : . OK I can join
>> it
>> Display(400, 265, 500, 100)
>> Synchronization...
[...]
> This is definitely a billard bug, I think it should have worked in the past,
> we'll look into it.
> Bug filed:
>  https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?26640

Ah, ok. Please remind that I'm in no way attempting to blame you on
bugs in CERTI or its utilities. Instead, what you see here, what
results in questions like these is actually me taking the 'empiric'
approach at learning how things are supposed to work, one step at a
time. I'm simply trying to understand the inner workings as much as
possible (at least to a reasonable scope) before I start building test
cases using Petr's "VirtualAir" HLA interface with FlightGear.

> If you want to know more about HLA sync point keep reading,
> if not just skip the rest of this message.

Even though this sort of handshaking models is not entirely new to me
(occurs all the time when you're analyzing TCP-based or other network
communication) it's still been an interesting read.

Thanks a lot,
        Martin.