certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] CERTI billard test / LinuxTag

From: Martin Spott
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI billard test / LinuxTag
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 17:40:04 +0000 (UTC)

Petr,

"Gotthard, Petr" wrote:

>> [...] Actually I'm trying to find out if it's worth
>> the effort to prepare a FlightGear/HLA demo for the LinuxTag show next
>> month, therefore I've been that much insisting.
>
> Question is what the LinuxTag visitors want to see? They cannot see a
> new multiplayer engine, but they can see a modest demonstration how
> FlightGear can be integrated into M&S HLA simulations.

In the past (three) years when I've been organizing FlightGear's
LinuxTag booth, the visitors' crowd has been including the entire range
from the 'simple' gamer who's just having fun flying a 'hot' jet on
their Linux PeeCee up to the professional user who's been running
FlightGear hooked onto their in-house HLA framework as a visualization
tool to simulate airfield emergeny incidents.

I think, even though our 'regular' setup will still base on
FlightGear's own MultiPlayer protocol, for the latter flavour of
visitors it might be worth presenting "look, it runs HLA".

Cheers,
        Martin.