chicken-janitors

Re: [Chicken-janitors] release management

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-janitors] release management
Date: 09 Mar 2008 13:07:59 -0300

Hi Ivan,

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 22:51:53 +0900 Ivan Raikov <address@hidden> wrote:

>   I think it is a little more complicated than that. svn log does
> not show any recent changes made to the release branch. I ran the
> nightly snapshot script manually, and it was fetching the Chicken
> source from the release branch instead of trunk.

That's what it is supposed to do.  Chicken releases are from the
release branch, and this branch should not be touched unless there is
a new chicken release (that is, a new chicken version).

> I have now changed that, so the nightly snapshot works properly. And
> currently, it looks like the release-tarball script always creates a
> new tarball for the current release, which means that the checksum
> will keep changing... So I will follow your advice and temporarily
> remove the release-tarball script from the cron table, until I
> figure out a better scheme for doing releases.

Please, let's keep it as it was until we find a better release
process.  Rushing is likely to cause trouble for users and developers.

Ivan: can you please revert the changes?

Best wishes,
Mario