Re: [Chicken-users] cross compilation, emedded platform

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] cross compilation, emedded platform
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 20:37:02 -0700

Dan wrote:
And, by the way, CMake is too difficult for this task,
as is pretty much "make" at this point. You have no
ideea how painful libtool, autoconf and automake are
when cross-compiling. I'm having a hard enough time
separating things meant for the host from things meant
for the target. I need to put together a compile.sh
shell script.

Well, fine, you've tried and convicted the autoconf toolchain. I'm not shocked. But CMake doesn't use any of those; have you investigated CMake at all? On what basis do you say CMake is "too difficult?"

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every