Re: [Chicken-users] cross compilation, emedded platform

From: Dan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] cross compilation, emedded platform
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 22:39:59 -0700 (PDT)

> So the platform is not self-hosting.  In that case,
> you really need are chicken.c and runtime.c (from
> chicken build directory).  Be sure to compile your
> Chicken code on the host with -use-explicit, so you
> don't get dependencies on the eval and extras units.
> Then you can cross-compile chicken.c, runtime.c, and
> your application's .c file(s) and you'll be all set.

Interesting. Thanks. I'll have to try that on Monday.

But I'm curious, why do I need chicken.c ported -- I
thought chicken.c was the *compiler*? Also, I will
want some of the things in eval and extras eventually
(though I see they also have ports, I/O, loading). I
will want to use some of the eggs, too (compiled
statically into the app code, of course).

Finally, runtime.c uses <stat.h>, which is not
available on my platform, but I think that can be
solved by just removing C_file_info() and
file_info_2() (nothing appears to depend on them).

-- Dan