Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken with VIM

From: Tobia Conforto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken with VIM
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 00:25:18 +0200

Wang Xin wrote:
Recently I add a page in the svnwiki about editing scheme files with VIM. see http://chicken.wiki.br/vim
There are only a few things now, so feel free to add stuffs to it.

Excellent! A few notes:

1.
I had to put the two schemeShebang lines at the end of the is_chicken if, after the lines "suggested by Alex Queiroz" (do you have them in your scheme.vim?) otherwise they wouldn't work.

2.
I have this in my .vimrc, it detects csi scripts even if they don't have a .scm extension:
au BufRead * if getline(1) =~ '^#!.\{,32}/csi\>' |setl ft=scheme |endif

3.
For some reason I like my if statements to be formatted like this:

(if (test)
    (then)
    (else))

instead of Vim's default: