Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken with VIM

From: Wang Xin
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken with VIM
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 18:35:40 +0800

2008/8/18 Tobia Conforto <address@hidden>:

> Yes, it's the new version shipped with Vim 7.2 and it's giving me trouble
> with the s-expr comment #;  I cannot get it to work, no matter where I place
> it.

S-expr comment hightlighting doesn't work well for me also.
The patch pasted in the wiki is rather dirty and may cause some other problems.
Still I can't find a proper way to do the job.

> I fixed a couple of problems with it:
>  - some shell metacharacters were not quoted properly, try to \es on (print
> "$HOME") for example;
>  - csi's current-directory needs to be changed to that of the file being
> loaded, otherwise include statements and other stuff will fail.
>
> For the latter, we need the posix library in the running csi.  This happens
> implicitly if one loads the readline egg in .csirc (as I suppose everybody
> does?) otherwise one will need to (use posix)
>
> I also added a new command to send the highlighted text in visual mode to
> csi, rewrote Send() to be more general, and used shorter mappings (a matter
> of taste, I guess.)
>
> Here is my version, I'll put it on the wiki if it's ok with you:
>

> Tobia

Wow, a good work.
I have tried those commands, and they work well.

BTW, the way using screen to interact with Chicken is poor.
Elf has just released his remote-repl egg. I think it is possible
to use VIM's foreign language interface(e.g. Python) to connect
to the server side. So that we can get the result back,
then we can do much more things in VIM.
Or even a repl?

Any thoughts?

Xin