Re: [Classpath] Re: Question about Boolean

From: C. Scott Ananian
Subject: Re: [Classpath] Re: Question about Boolean
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 12:25:43 -0400 (EDT)

On 21 Jul 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:

> >> and VMLoader on sane VMs being:
> I assume you're characterizing libgcj as not-sane.  I disagree with
> this characterization.

sorry, that *was* a bit inflammatory.  I meant something closer to, "VMs
which will execute classpath as compiled to bytecode by sun's java
compiler and jikes" -- which, of course, compile 'boolean.class' as
'Boolean.TYPE'.  GCJ does the compilation of classpath itself, and so it
doesn't ever need to execute classpath as sun's compiler would render it.
C'mon that *does* make GCJ 'different' from the rest of the VMs...

DNC World Trade Center Sigint anthrax bomb assassination politics
counter-intelligence Sugar Grove BATF SDI RNC postcard Albanian smuggle
              ( )
 "These students are going to have to find out what law and order is
 all about."  -- Brig. General Robert Canterbury, Noon, May 4, 1970,
 minutes before his troops shot 13 unarmed Kent State students, killing 4.
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
# 526-byte qrpff, Keith Winstein and Marc Horowitz <address@hidden>
# MPEG 2 PS VOB file on stdin -> descrambled output on stdout
# arguments: title key bytes in least to most-significant order